- Accurate results within 24-36 hours*
- Results include downloadable Fit to Fly certificate
- For adults and children without COVID-19 symptoms
In relation to the sale of this test kit, LloydsPharmacy is acting as an agent for and on behalf of MyHealthChecked. Please read the Important Information section below for more information.
The MyHealthChecked at-home PCR test can be used for international travel where a Fit to Fly certificate is required.
Ideal for both adults and children without COVID-19 symptoms, the MyHealthChecked COVID-19 PCR nasal swab kit can be used conveniently at-home to test whether you are COVID-19 free. A single use device, the test includes everything you need to simply take your sample and send it to the lab for testing.
The test can be used when you’re preparing for international travel as a Fit to Fly certificate, which can be downloaded as proof of a negative result. Make sure to check the travel and testing requirements of your travel provider and destination country, as requirements and timings can vary greatly from country to country. You can check the latest advice here.
How the MyHealthChecked COVID-19 at-home PCR nasal swab kit works
- Once you’ve received your test kit make sure to activate it online at www.myhealthchecked.com/activate-kit before you collect your sample. To activate your test kit, you will need to provide your full name, date of birth and (if travelling) passport number.
- Check your sample collection kit includes all the correct items listed and follow the simple instructions included with your test to collect your nasal swab sample.
- Make sure to drop your sample into a Priority Postbox the same day you collect your sample before 12 noon Monday to Friday, using the returns postage bag and Royal Mail postage label. To find your nearest Priority Postbox and collection times, visit www.royalmail.com/services-near-you.
Posting your PCR test sample
Make sure to send your sample to the lab the same day you took the test. Before 12 noon Monday to Friday. If you post your sample on a Friday, Royal Mail will aim to deliver it to our lab on a Monday. Please bear in mind that Royal Mail do not collect mail or deliver to our lab on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
We recommend that you make sure to factor these timings into your travel planning. It’s advised that you track your sample to ensure you meet the timing requirements for your airline. If you’re using an alternative courier, please check their instructions for sample delivery and collection.
How long does it take for my sample to get to the lab?
MyHealthChecked use Royal Mail tracking 24-hour delivery for the return of your sample and aims to deliver your sample for testing within 24 hours, but this can take longer on some occasions (Royal Mail does not deliver to our lab on Sundays or Bank Holidays).
When will I get my results?
Once the lab has received your sample, it will be scanned into the system. Within 24-36 hours from scanning and processing your sample in the lab you’ll receive an email with a link to view your results online at www.myhealthchecked.com. You’ll be able to view and download your Fit to Fly certificate here.
Always ensure you check with your travel provider exactly what their test requirements are before ordering, as requirements and timings can vary greatly from country to country.
It’s your responsibility to calculate the time needed for your results. *Results are available between 24-36 hours from when our lab starts processing your sample, and not from posting the sample.
Be advised that delivery times may vary if orders are placed prior to weekends or bank holidays. It is the customers' responsibility to check the delivery times as highlighted by Royal Mail are suitable, to ensure that tests are purchased with enough time so that results are available when required.
Features of MyHealthChecked COVID-19 at-home PCR nasal swab kit (Fit to Fly)
- Results within 24-36 hours from lab arrival
- Downloadable Fit to Fly certificate 24-36 hours after lab arrival
- Gentle upper nasal swab suitable for adults and children
- MyHealthChecked is included on Government list of test providers
- To be used by anyone without COVID-19 symptoms
- Please read this information carefully before purchasing your at-home COVID-19 PCR sample collection kit
- If you’re purchasing this kit for international travel purposes it is essential you check what the exact requirements are of the country you are travelling to before ordering
- Either not swabbing, or light swabbing will NOT return a negative result. It will result in an ‘Invalid’ test result which will require a re-swab
- If you do not collect enough cells, the lab are unable to extract sufficient RNA to get a result and your test will result in an invalid test. We are unable to provide a refund for and invalid result, as this is due to an insufficient sample, which is outside of our control
- MyHealthChecked are not responsible for the activation of your test kit; this must be carried out by you. If you don’t activate your sample, it will mean you can’t access your test results. Refunds will not be provided if you forget to activate your kit
- You must activate your kit online at www.myhealthchecked.com/activate-kit before you take your sample. If you do not activate your kit, we are unable to process your sample
- MyHealthChecked are not responsible for any changes in your circumstances, or changes in Government directives regarding self-isolation. Therefore, if you have opened the package your test kit arrived in you are not entitled to a refund, even if you no longer require the test
- MyHealthChecked are not responsible for any changes in the Government travel requirements or restrictions and cannot provide any guidance on these. For up-to-date advice please visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- MyHealthChecked accepts no responsibility for delays in results or liability for any costs arising from any delay, disruption or cancellation of your travel plans directly or indirectly caused by the requirement to produce a travel certificate
- It is your responsibility to check the travel certificate requirements of the airline destination, including the test collection time frame requirements. The maximum number of hours or days prior to your flight in which your test needs to have been taken varies depending on airline and travel destination. This may vary between 72 hours to 7 days before departure or arrival at your destination and is subject to change
- Please check requirements before purchasing your test kit to confirm the correct time frame. Then make sure you take the swab and send back the sample within this time frame
- It is essential to ensure your full name, date of birth and (if travelling) passport number are entered correctly when you activate your kit, as this is what will appear on your COVID-19 Fit to Fly certificate for international travel. We are unable to change any details once your test has been activated
- You must also complete your name and date of birth on both the biohazard Shuttlepouch™️ and tube of PrimeStore® MTM inactivation media. By recording these details, MyHealthChecked will be able to locate your sample using a 2-factor authentication in case of any queries. If you do not complete this information, we are unable to process your sample
- Ensure you post the sample back to the laboratory before 12 noon, Monday to Friday, on the same day as sample collection. To find your nearest Priority Postbox and collection times, visit www.royalmail.com/services-near-you. Royal Mail aim to deliver within 24 hours, however a small number of cases this may take longer
- Royal Mail does not collect mail or deliver to our lab on Sundays or Bank Holidays. Therefore, if you post your sample on a Friday, Royal Mail will aim to deliver it to our lab on a Monday. Please ensure you factor these important timings into your travel planning
- Please ensure you track your sample to ensure you meet the timing requirements of your airline and please be aware, the delivery time reported by Royal Mail is not necessarily the time we receive the sample in our lab
- If you are using an alternative courier service, please check their instructions for sample delivery and collection
- Please ensure you read the instructions for use leaflet carefully before taking your sample
- If you have any questions regarding this product, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 test
- 1x Sterile CE marked flocked swab
- 1 x 5.0ml tube containing 1.5ml of PrimeStore MTM inactivation media within a labelled biohazard ShuttlePouch containing an absorbent pad
- 1 x Instructions for use
- 1 x Essential checklist card
- 1 x Return postage bag
- 1 x Royal Mail tracked 24 postage label
- Adults aged 18 and over: self-test (unless unable to do so)
- Teenagers aged 12 to 17: self-test with adult supervision
- Children 11 and under: An adult must take the sample following the instructions in the information for use leaflet provided with your test
Warnings and cautions
- Do not use the sample collection kit if any components listed in the what’s included section are missing or damaged, contact MyHealthChecked at: email@example.com
- Do not allow the PrimeStore® MTM media to come into contact with skin, eyes or any external surface
- Do not ingest PrimeStore® MTM
- If PrimeStore® MTM comes into contact with skin, wash the affected area with soap and water for several minutes, seek medical attention if required
- If PrimeStore® MTM comes into contact with eyes, rinse the eye thoroughly with running water whilst protecting the unaffected eye for at least 15 minutes – seek immediate ophthalmic treatment
- If PrimeStore® MTM is ingested, do not induce vomiting, never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person, rinse out mouth and give plenty of water to drink – seek immediate medical attention
- If you experience any symptoms after coming into contact with PrimeStore® MTM, seek immediate medical attention
- Store at room temperature
- Use within 12 months of receiving the kit. Check expiry date on the PrimeStore® MTM media barcode label
How to use
Please read all instructions on the enclosed leaflet included in your kit carefully before collecting your sample.
How to register your test kit
- Check that your sample collection kit contains all the items as listed in the instructions for use leaflet.
- Activate your test online at www.myhealthchecked.com/activate-kit before you collet your sample. Your sample should be collected on the same day as you post it.
- Please ensure the details completed are for the person whose sample is being returned to the lab for testing. Complete your name and date of birth on the biohazard ShuttlePouch and tube of PrimeStore® MTM inactivation media. By recording these details, we will be able to locate your sample using a 2-factor authentication in case of any queries. Please ensure the details provided match the details registered online.
- Ensure you post the sample back to the lab before 12 noon, Monday to Friday, on the same day as sample collection. To find your nearest Priority Postbox and collection times, visit www.royalmail.com/services-near-you. Royal Mail aim to deliver within 24 hours, however a small number of cases this may take longer.
How to collect your sample
Ensure you have read and understood the instructions before collecting your sample.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If you don’t have access to soap and water, please use hand sanitiser and apply thoroughly.
- Check your nose and gently remove any visible mucus with a tissue.
- Hold the ShuttlePouch so that you have a clear view of the PrimeStore® MTM tube inside, visually check the white pad behind the tube for any signs of leakage such as discoloration or crystallisation. If there are signs of leakage do not remove the tube from the ShuttlePouch, seal the ShuttlePouch and do not proceed with the sample collection. Place the Shuttlepouch back inside the boxand dispose in your household waste. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately and advise them of the barcode number on the damaged tube.
- If there are no signs of leakage, remove the tube of PrimeStore® MTM, place on a clean surface. Carefully remove the flocked swab from the packaging ensuring the tip of the swab does not touch any external surfaces.
- Gently insert the tip of the swab into your nostril until you feel gentle resistance. Hold the swab and rotate 5 times for approximately 10 seconds, ensuring the tip of the swab is always in contact with the nasal wall. Carefully withdraw the swab and repeat this process with the other nostril. Do not force the swab any further up into your nose whilst you are swabbing.
- Immediately uncap the tube of PrimeStore® MTM taking care not to spill the contents or touch any external surfaces with the tip of the swab. In the case of a spillage refer to the ‘Warning’ section for guidance.
- Insert the swab into the PrimeStore® MTM tube ensuring the tip of the swab is submerged into the solution, then snap the shaft of the swab at the breakpoint.
- Re-cap the tube of PrimeStore® MTM and gently invert the tube for 3-5 seconds.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If you do not have access to soap and water, please use hand sanitiser and apply thoroughly.
- Place the tube of PrimeStore® MTM back into the ShuttlePouch following the instructions shown on the front of the pouch. Place the sealed ShuttlePouch back inside the box and close the box.
- Adhere the pre-paid postage label to the UN3373 posting bag, place the closed box inside and seal the bag. If you are using an alternative courier service, please follow their instructions for labelling the envelope.
- Return your pre-paid UN3373 posting bag to your nearest Royal Mail Priority Postbox on the same day as taking your sample (find your nearest Priority Postbox and collection times). Please ensure you write down the tracking number on your pre-paid envelope to track online at www.royalmail.com. If you are using an alternative courier service, please follow their instructions for sample delivery/collection.
Please note that your sample will not be viable unless it is received at the laboratory within 7 days of sample collection.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £15
- £1.50 for orders up to £15
- Delivered in 1 working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £3.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
Next day delivery
- Free on orders over £60
- £5.99 for orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here