How our in-store COVID-19 lateral flow test works
Book an appointment online at your local LloydsPharmacy
A healthcare professional will take a nasal swab
Your test will be processed, and results will be ready within 15 minutes
What is the COVID-19 lateral test service?
With results in 15 minutes, our COVID-19 rapid test will confirm that you don’t currently have COVID-19. One of our expert healthcare professionals will swab your nose and process your test in your chosen store.
How much does the COVID-19 lateral flow test cost?
£39.99. You can pay in-store at the time of your test.
Who is the COVID-19 lateral flow test suitable for?
- Adults with no COVID-19 symptoms
- Children 11 years and over with no COVID-19 symptoms
How will I receive my lateral flow test results?
Your results will be available to collect in-store during your appointment. If you have a negative result, you'll be given your certificate confirming you don't have COVID-19 after your test.
If you have a positive result, you must book an NHS PCR test through Track and Trace and follow Government guidance.
Can I use my results as a ‘fit to fly’ certificate?
Yes, if the country you're travelling to accepts results from lateral flow tests. It’s your responsibility to check the travel requirements of both the airline and country you are travelling to, to make sure you're having the right test.
If you're using the test to travel please bring your passport to your appointment.
Keeping you safe when you visit us
We politely ask you to wear a face covering if you’re using one of our pharmacy services
Our colleagues will be wearing PPE
We’ll be limiting the time you spend with our pharmacists in our consultation room
We’ll clean the consultation room before and after every appointment
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to pre-book an appointment?
Do I need to bring anything with me to my appointment?
Yes, please bring a form of photo ID with you when you have your test. If you're using the test to travel please bring your passport.
Types of photographic ID we accept:
- Photocard driving license (an expired photocard does NOT invalidate the license)
- A valid or expired passport
- Formal ID cards (armed forces, police, student union, company ID card)
- Tachograph card
- Local authority / taxi ID
- Blue badge (parking for people with disabilities)
Also, you’ll need to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
If you or anyone in your household or support bubble have symptoms of COVID-19 please do not book an appointment or come into store. Instead stay at home and follow the latest government guidance. If you have symptoms, you can get a free NHS test or use our Online Doctor service.
How long will the service take?
Your COVID-19 rapid test will take 20 minutes, including 15 minutes for your results.
Who will do the test?
Our lateral flow test is supervised, so, one of our trained healthcare professionals will swab your nose and process your sample in your chosen store.
Is the LloydsPharmacy COVID-19 test service safe?
Yes, our test kits are provided by Healgen, they’re CE-marked and MHRA approved - so they meet all EU health and safety requirements.
What’s the accuracy of a lateral flow?
The Healegen COVID-19 lateral flow tests have a 98.9% accuracy rate.
What should I do if my result is positive?
What’s the difference between a COVID-19 PCR test and a rapid test?
A COVID-19 PCR test is the most common form of testing in the UK, it’s used by the NHS.
This test detects RNA (or genetic material) that is specific to the COVID-19 virus. It can detect these particles in your nose and mouth swabs, within days of infection, even if you have no symptoms. The test can be done in your local pharmacy, but your sample must be sent to a lab for testing. Because of this, results take one to three days.
A rapid antigen test also known as a lateral flow test detects protein fragments specific to the coronavirus. Ideal for those with no symptoms, it uses similar Technology to pregnancy tests. A nasal swab is taken in pharmacy and the sample is inserted into a tube of liquid. This liquid is then dropped onto a small strip. Within 15 minutes your results will be ready.
How is the in-store lateral flow test service different to the free NHS lateral flow tests I can collect from a pharmacy?
Rapid, regular testing is now available to everyone in England, Wales and Scotland. The NHS lateral flow tests can be collected from your local LloydsPharmacy, making it as easy as possible for people without COVID-19 symptoms to access testing twice a week. 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 are asymptotic, so regular testing helps to stop the spread of the virus.
Our supervised testing service is for anyone who needs certified evidence of a negative lateral flow test result. You may need this if you’re attending and event or for travel. During our in-store service one of our trained healthcare professionals will:
- check your identify
- carry out the test for you
- create a certificate that you can use as evidence of a negative result
This certificate can be used for travel, if your destination country is accepting the lateral flow test results. You’ll need to make sure your test and certificate meet their requirements.
Can I get a COVID-19 test without coming into store?
You can request a PCR test from our Online Doctor service. This test kit is sent to your address, you collect the sample yourself and send it back to their partner lab for analysis. Once the lab has your samples it usually takes 2-3 working days for you to get your results.
If you’re using this test for travel, check the foreign office travel advice and local embassies. You’ll need to make sure your result meets their requirements. We can’t guarantee you’ll receive your results before travelling. The downloadable copy of your results doesn’t include personal information, such as passport number.
Can I get an COVID-19 antibody test?
Yes, our Online Doctor service has antibody tests you can do at home. These tests tell you whether you’ve had COVID-19 in the past. Simply take your sample and send to our partner lab for analysis.
A positive result means that there were COVID-19 antibodies in your blood sample. This can be because you've previously had the virus or received the COVID-19 vaccine.
Terms & conditions
- The Lloyds Pharmacy Services are provided by Lloyds Pharmacy Limited trading as Lloyds Pharmacy. By using our Services, you are confirming that you have carefully read, understand and agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions which cover all Services we provide.
- Throughout these Terms and Conditions, Services provided via any channel, including but not limited to our Lloyds Pharmacy website and our Lloyds Pharmacy Clinics are referred to as “Lloyds Pharmacy Services”, “our Services” or “the Services”.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The new version will be posted on this website and will take effect immediately upon posting. If you disagree with any part of these terms, then you should not use our Services.
- Where Lloyds Pharmacy provides an estimated time in which you will receive your test results this is indicative only, Lloyds Pharmacy provides no guarantee that you will receive the results of your results in the time stated. Any delay in receiving the results of your tests, any timeframe stated in receiving your test results is an estimate only. If the results of a test are required before you travel you should aim to undertake a test in good time before you travel. Lloyds Pharmacy provides no guarantee you will receive your results within the estimated time stated.
- Where a fit to fly certificate or other documentation is provided to you following your test Lloyds Pharmacy makes no guarantee that your destination will accept our certificate and you should always check your destinations requirements prior to travelling.
Full terms and conditions can be viewed here.